Yeah, those hazy lazy days of summer are winding down. All the more reason to take advantage of warm sunlit days while flip-flops and shorts are still in vogue.
Mystic Seaport has the antidote for any end-of-summer blues you may be feeling. Take any one or more of the list below and you’ll feel better. This may even be a situation where an overdose is a good thing!
Here are prescriptions we recommend you fill:
- Refills remaining – 1: Music for the ears, purchased hors d’oeuvres and drinks from Spouter’s Tavern. Must be taken Sundays 8/27 upon free entry to Mystic Seaport grounds between 5-8 p.m.
- Register for some dog therapy. This can be done either by watching or participating with your pet in Mystic Seaport’s first ever dog parade on Thursday, August 27th at 5 p.m. No charge.
- Dosage on the above may be increased on Dog Days Weekend, August 28-29. Museum admission necessary to receive full benefits of dog demonstrations in areas of search and rescue, K-9 police work, hunting skills and dog therapy.
- Learn about those hard-working tugs in Mystic Seaport’s TUGS! exhibit and you may feel your job isn’t so tough after all. Relax by the pool and navigate a miniature tug yourself.
- Simply spend a day at Mystic Seaport. It will cure just about anything!
If the above prescriptions don’t do the trick, we’ll keep you posted on exciting things to look forward to in September and October at Mystic Seaport.
This blog was written by Trudi Busey — herself a victim of a Mystic Seaport overdose!